Wednesday 28 November 2007

Best or Worst: Mugs.


BEST or WORST?

Welcome to yet another new column for The Best Bit of the Internet, where we will review products for YOU so you can decide whether or not to buy them, as our opinions are ALWAYS RIGHT and should be adhered to RIGIDLY.

Today, we take a look at MUGS.

We don't know about you, but we are fed up of pouring scalding hot drinks into our cupped hands, just to enjoy some tea or coffee. There has to be a better way to enjoy our favourite drinks, without winding up in the Emergency Ward?

Well, now there is - mugs. These drinking vessels purport to eliminate those burnt-hand blues by providing a receptacle in which hot beverages can be stored, ready to be drunk at your leisure. So, does the mug work, or are they making mugs of us all?


Design

The mug certainly looks nice, having been carefully crafted out of ceramic materials and rounded off with a lovely glazed finish. A sole handle sits on the side, lending the mug an economy of design that only adds to its charm. Unfussy, uncomplicated and unobtrusive, the mug will surely go down in history as a design classic, to be imitated for years to come.


Functionality

We found the mug to be extremely easy to use, as befits its simple design. You simply fill the mug up with a hot beverage of your choice, and then drink said beverage in your own time. Thanks to the thick walls of the mug, the drink retains its heat for an extended period of time, meaning it can be drunk as and when the drinker sees fit. However, we did find that the mug could be rather hot to the touch after filling it up with a boiling hot drink, and we were concerned that we might hurt our delicate hands.

"...a genius innovation".

That is where the handle comes in. Whereas previous versions of the mug have been distinctly handle-less, the makers of the mug have listened to consumer feedback and added a simple handle to the design of this latest model. It is a genius innovation, which allows users to pick up the mug with far greater ease and comfort, and without sustaining any injury. It is a masterstroke which we feel elevates the mug to 'must-have' status.


Durability

The mug is a rather fragile item, which will chip or shatter if treated roughly, or hurled angrily at a cheating spouse. However, if properly taken care of, the mug could last forever, providing you with a lifetime of drinking pleasure.


Conclusion

We cannot rate the mug highly enough. If you like hot drinks, then look no further - this is the perfect storage device. CHEERS!


Rating

BEST

- tested by Andy Fanton.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the mug is a dangerous tool which should be outlawed from society. One day I was walking along when suddenly a mug turned its side with the handle towards my feet and I tripped. I ended up in the hospital because I was screaming:" That mug wants to kill me! That dirty little mug-a-fucker wants to kill me." Apparently nobody believed me, but I know what it did.

Linda said...

Really? I thought that mugs are not dangerous:) lol But I'll be careful next time when I have my tea. I really like tea cause it's good for your health - some tea information about that - and I really love my mug for tea!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.